Friday, March 26, 2010

I Like Ted Closson and Kelly Deanne Robertson

I liked them so much that I wrote a piece about their minicomics for 29-95. I and my editor would be happy if you went on over and read it. But I made a dumb error when I uploaded it--I forgot to upload art. So I'm hoping that will be corrected shortly, but until then, here is some art from both of these minicomics.

Kelly Deanne Robertson
Kelly D. Robertson, cover of Love + Death, 2009

Kelly Deanne Robertson
Kelly D. Robertson, Love + Death pages 11 and 12, 2009

Ted Closson
Ted Closson, cover of Kisses, 2010

Ted Closson
Ted Closson, Kisses page 1, 2010

Information about how to get them is in the 29-95 article. One place where you can't get them (as far as I was able to determine) is Comicpalooza. It's kind of shocking, really. You have have two cartoonists who have created pretty powerful comics here in town, but no one at the local comic con carries their work. But I'm not going to blame Comicpalooza or the dealers there. The fact is, they come from two worlds. Comics has largely split into comics as art and comics as entertainment, and these sets overlap less and less. Comicpalooza is about entertainment. (I'll have more to say about this later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment